AN Wilson Biography
AN Wilson (Full name: Andrew Norman Wilson) is a preeminent English newspaper columnist and writer best known for his critical biographies, novels as well as works of popular history. As of now, Andrew works for the Daily Mail as an occasional columnist.
Previously, he worked for the London Evening Standard as a columnist. Moreover, he has also been working as an occasional contributor to some publications such as The Observer, The Spectator, New Statesman, and The Times Literary Supplement.
AN Wilson Age
AN Wilson was born on 27th October 1950, in Stone, Staffordshire, England. He is 72 years old.
AN Wilson Height
Wilson stands at the height of 5 feet 11 inches (Approx 1.8m).
AN Wilson Family
Wilson was born to his stalwart and caring parents in Stone, Staffordshire, England. His father worked as the managing director of the pottery company, Wedgwood.
AN Wilson Wife
Previously, Wilson was married to Katherine Duncan-Jones the Shakespearean scholar. The pair tied the knot in 1971, before his graduation. In 1971, the duo welcomed their first daughter called Emily Wilson, and their second daughter named Beatrice “Bee” Wilson in 1974. Unfortunately, they divorced in 1990. As of now, Andrew is married to Ruth Guilding, the art historian.
AN Wilson Education
Previously, he was educated at Hillstone School located in Great Malvern, Worcestershire, (afterward incorporated into Malvern College). Later, Wilson joined Rugby School at the age of 13.
AN Wilson Salary
He bags a satisfactory salary of $84,683 per year. This is according to Daily Mail occasional columnists’ salaries.
AN Wilson Net Worth
Wilson has managed to accumulate a hefty fortune over the years and has an estimated net worth of $4 million.
AN Wilson Career
Wilson has appeared on BBC numerous times as a broadcaster. He broadcasted various documentaries such as Return to Eliotland on October 8, 2018, Return to Larkinland on March 2016, Return to Betjemanland on September 1, 2014, Queen Victoria’s Letters: A Monarch Unveiled on November 13, 2014, and November 20, 2014, Narnia’s Lost Poet: The Secret Lives and Loves of C. S. Lewis on November 27, 2013, and The Genius of Josiah Wedgwood on April 19, 2013.
AN Wilson The Lampitt Chronicles
- Incline Our Hearts (1988)
- A Bottle in the Smoke (1990)
- Daughters of Albion (1991)
- Hearing Voices (1995)
- A Watch in the Night (1996)
AN Wilson Books | Non-Fiction Books
- The Laird of Abbotsford: A View of Sir Walter Scott (1980)
- The Life of John Milton: A Biography (1983)
- Hilaire Belloc: A Biography (1985)
- How Can We Know? (1985)
- Penfriends from Porlock (1988)
- Tolstoy: A Biography (1988)
- C. S. Lewis: A Biography (1990)
- Against Religion (1991)
- Jesus: A Life (1992)
- The Faber Book of Church and Clergy (editor) (1992)
- The Rise and Fall of the House of Windsor (1992)
- Paul: The Mind of the Apostle (1997)
- God’s Funeral: The Decline of Faith in Western Civilization (1999)
- The Victorians (2002)
- Iris Murdoch As I Knew Her (2003)
- London: A Short History (2004)
- After the Victorians (2005)
- Betjeman (2006)
- Dante in Love (2011)
- The Elizabethans (2011)
- Victoria: A Life (2014)
- The Book of the People: How to Read the Bible (2015)
- The Queen: The Life and Family of Queen Elizabeth II (2016)
- Charles Darwin, Victorian Mythmaker (2017)
- Prince Albert: The Man Who Saved the Monarchy (2019)
- The King and the Christmas Tree (2021)
AN Wilson Books | Fiction Books
- The Sweets of Pimlico (1977)
- Unguarded Hours (1978)
- Kindly Light (1979)
- The Healing Art (1980)
- Who Was Oswald Fish? (1981)
- Wise Virgin (1982)
- Scandal (1983)
- Gentlemen in England (1983)
- Love Unknown (1986)
- Stray (1987)
- The Vicar of Sorrows (1993)
- The Tabitha Stories (1997)
- Dream Children (1998)
- My Name Is Legion (2004)
- A Jealous Ghost (2005)
- The Potter’s Hand (2012)
- Resolution (2016)
- Aftershocks (2018)
Molly Fischer Bio, Age, Height, Husband, Salary, Net Worth, The New Yorker
James Verini Bio, Age, Height, Wife, Salary, Net Worth, New York Times
David Haskell Bio, Age, Height, Wife, Salary, Net Worth, New York Magazine