Angel Coulby Bio, Age, Height, Husband, Kids, Net Worth, Movies and TV Shows
Angel Coulby Biography
This is what you need to know about Angel Leonie Coulby well known as Angel Coulby. She is an English actress in film, television, and theatre. Coulby is notable for portraying the character Gwen (Guinevere) in the BBC fantasy series Merlin.
Angel Coulby Age
Angel Leonie Coulby was born on August 30, 1980, in Islington, London, England. She is 40 years old as of 2020.
Angel Coulby Height
Coulby stands at a height of 1.62 m.
Angel Coulby Ethnicity – Parents
Coulby was born in Islington, London, and she is Afro-Guyanese.
Angel Coulby Husband
Coulby is not married however she is in a long-term relationship with actor Bradley James, who also happens to be her on-screen husband, which was likely an initiator of their relationship in the least. The couple has been dating since 2011. They have remained tight-lipped concerning their love matters.
Angel Coulby Children
Coulby is a mother of one. In October 2019, she shared a short video on Twitter informing her fans that she was a parent. However, she has not spoken about the father of her child.
Angel Coulby Net Worth
Coulby has a net worth of $5 million. Her career as an actress is the primary source of her income.
Angel Coulby Education
Coulby went to Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh where she studied for a degree in acting and achieved a first and was awarded the Laurence Olivier Bursary in 2000.
Angel Coulby Career
Coulby made her acting debut while still a student in an episode of Scariest Places on Earth where she had an encounter with a ghost. In 2001, she made it to the big screen with her role in the Johnny Vaughan BBC sitcom ‘Orrible. Later, Coulby was chosen to play Gwen, a young woman also known as Guinevere who would later become Queen, in the BBC One fantasy TV series Merlin.
Coulby took the starring role of the jazz singer Jessie in the BBC Two Stephen Poliakoff five-part 2013 drama serial Dancing on the Edge, together with Chiwetel Ejiofor, John Goodman, Matthew Goode, Anthony Head, and Jacqueline Bisset.
Coulby starred in The Tunnel, a British-French remake of Scandinavian crime drama, The Bridge. She starred together with Stephen Dillane and Clémence Poésy. The first, series aired in late 2013, and Coulby reprised her role for a second series in 2016.
She returned to stage for the first time since 2014 in Rupert Goold’s Albion at the Almeida Theatre in February 2020. In March 2020, it was revealed that Coulby joined the cast of the Apple TV+ thriller Suspicious, which is a remake of the Hebrew-language series False Flag. The filming of the series, in London, has been stopped due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Angel Coulby Movies and TV Shows
- 2001 Scariest Places on Earth Awassa Tact (scared student), name intended as wordplay on “I was attacked”
- 2001 ‘Orrible Shiv
- 2002 Casualty, Sally
- Having It Off, Kylie Riley
- A Good Thief, Leah Pickering
- 2003 The Second Coming, PC Louise Fraser
- Manchild, Pippa
- 2004 Making Waves, LMA Anita Cook
- As If, Amber
- Conviction, Jemma Ryan
- Holby City, Maxine Framley
- 2005 The Jacket, Intern No. 2
- Murder Investigation Team, Lee Allanson
- The League of Gentlemen’s Apocalypse, Receptionist
- Imagine Me & You, Anna
- Vincent, Gillian Lafferty
- 2006 Hustle, Alice
- Doctor Who, Katherine
- The Bill, Zoe Hughes
- Tripping Over, Charity
- 2007 Blue Murder (UK TV series), Kate Malin’
- Magicians, Receptionist
- Gina’s Laughing Gear, Nurse Jones
- Secret Life Young Mum,
- New Street Law, Sharon Weir
- Talk to Me, Faith
- The Visit, Rachael
- Life Is Wild
- 2008–2012 Merlin, Guinevere “Gwen”
- 2013 Dancing on the Edge, Jessie Taylor
- 2013–2018 The Tunnel, Laura Roebuck
- 2015–2020 Thunderbirds Are Go, Tanusha “Kayo” Kyrano
- 2016 Undercover, Julia Redhead
- 2016 Hooten & the Lady, Melina
- 2017 Man in an Orange Shirt, Claudie
- 2017 Body Slam, Ruth
- 2018 Innocent, Detective Inspector Cathy Hudson
- 2020 Moving On, Lisa
- TBA Suspicion Vanessa