Ciera Payton Biography
Ciera Payton is a well-known American actress, writer, social activist, and entrepreneur who grew up in New Orleans, Louisiana. She is well-known for her appearances as Zia in The Walking Dead, Grace McMorris in General Hospital, Laurie Perkins in NCIS, and Sylvia in Tyler Perry’s A Madea Family Funeral.
She is presently featured as Lily Winthrop in Tyler Perry’s BET soap drama The Oval. She attended the New Orleans Center for Creative Arts and the University of North Carolina School of the Arts, where she earned a bachelor of fine arts in drama.
Ciera Payton Age
Ciera Payton was born on 26 January 1986 in New Orleans, Louisiana, United States of America. She is 36 years old.
Ciera Payton Height
Ciera stands at a stature of 5 feet 8 inches/1.73 meters.
Ciera Payton Family
Ciera was born in New Orleans, Louisiana to Deborah Payton (father) and Michael Diaz (mother). Our attempts to find out more about her family were ineffective because no such information was available to the general public. It is therefore unclear if she has any siblings.
Ciera Payton Husband
Ciera has yet to marry. She is now involved in a love relationship with Aaron Burgess. Because the pair is highly private about their love life, facts regarding how they met and when they started dating are unavailable.
Ciera Payton’s Net Worth
Ciera’s net worth is approximated to be between $1 million -$5 million.
Ciera Payton Career
Ciera made her debut in the feature film Flight of Fury (2007), playing CIA operative Jessica opposite Steven Seagal. While filming Flight of Fury, she was a junior in college. She had her off-Broadway debut as Savannah in Savannah Black and Blue, produced by the Negro Ensemble Company, in 2009.
She relocated from New York to Los Angeles in 2010, when she landed the part of Janet Tanner in the BBC American version of Torchwood. Ciera later starred on The Closer as Keisha Murphy, opposite Keira Sedwick.
Following a few small-screen appearances, Ciera was cast as Capri in Spike Lee’s film Oldboy, co-starring Josh Brolin. In Nicolas Cage’s 2014 film The Runner, she played a cheering instructor who takes down a prominent campaign.
She got the Los Angeles Pioneer Woman Award in 2016 for her work with at-risk adolescents through artistic programs. She appeared in the 2019 film A Madea Family Funeral. Ciera portrays Wendy Williams, a talk show host, in the 2021 Lifetime biopic Wendy Williams: The Movie.
She plays Zia in the ongoing American post-apocalyptic horror series ‘The Walking Dead’ on AMC. The series follows a group of survivors led by a police officer named Rick Grimes. They work together to find a safe and secure home after everyone in the United States has turned into a zombie.
She co-stars with Steven Seagal as Jessica. Flight of Fury is a 2007 American action film about a secret Air Force operative assigned to prevent a terrorist cell from stealing a devastating aircraft. He must complete his mission since the world will be destroyed if he does not.
Ciera Payton Movies And TV Shows
- 2008 – Jump Out Boys as Maria
- 2009 – Madea Goes to Jail as Undercover Detective
- 2010 – Moth to a Flame as Kara
- 2012 – A Woman’s Worth Short Film as Melissa Short
- 2013 – Paradise as Stripper #2
- 2015 – American Bad Boy as Raven
- 2016 – 59 Seconds as Foster Mom
- 2018 – Dangerous Daze as Benita Bangs
- TBA – Xxv (25) as Chris
- TBA – Stain as Bernice
- TBA – Respect the Jux as Karen
- 2008 – All My Children as Reporter
- 2009 – Midnight Bayou as Effie
- 2010 – Fake It Til You Make It as MILF
- 2011 – The Closer as Keisha Murphy
- 2012 – Californication as Hooker
- 2013 – NCIS: Los Angeles as Ellen
- 2013–14 – Graceland as Cassandra
- 2014 – First as Nikki
- 2015 – Reconcilable Differences as Eve
- 2016 – NCIS as Laurie Perkins
- 2017 – General Hospital as Grace McMorris
- 2019 – Being Mary as Jane Keia
- Tyler Perry’s The Oval as Lily Winthrop -2019–present
- 2021 – Wendy Williams: The Movie as Wendy Williams