Ving Rhames Biography
Ving Rhames is an American actor best known for his portrayal of IMF Agent Luther Stickell in the Mission: Impossible film franchise. He is most known for his supporting role in Pulp Fiction as gangster Marsellus Wallace. He appeared in Jacob’s Ladder, Dave, Striptease, Con Air, Lilo & Stitch, Stich The Movie, and Leroy & Stitch, among other films.
He was born and brought up in Harlem, New York, and attended and graduated from New York’s High School of Performing Arts, where he discovered his passion for acting. After high school, he attended SUNY Purchase and earned the moniker Ving from fellow acting student Stanley Tucci. In 1984, he made his first appearance in the play The Boys of Winter. He went on to play Leroy in the 1991 film The People Under the Stairs. Ving also played George Clooney’s Bubby in Out of Sight.
In 1998, he received a Golden Globe for Best Actor – Miniseries or Television Film for his performance in HBO’s Don King: Only in America. He presented his award to fellow candidate Jack Lemmon at the ceremony. Later in his career, he appeared in several films, including Striptease, Bringing Out the Dead, Mission: Impossible 2, American Tragedy, Baby Boy, Day of the Dead, and Dawn of the Dead.
Ving Rhames Age
Ving Rhames was born Irving Rameses Rhames on May 12, 1959, in Harlem, New York, the United States of America. He is 64 years old.
Ving Rhames Height
Rhames stands at a moderate height of 5 feet 8 inches tall.
Ving Rhames Family
Ernest Rhames and Rather Rhames are the proud parents of Rhames. He also has a sibling named Junior Rhames. Detailed information about his parents and siblings, on the other hand, will be provided as soon as it becomes available.
Ving Rhames Wife
Rhames is happily married to Deborah Reed, a kind and supporting wife. In the year 2000, they married in a private ceremony attended by family and friends. They are the proud parents of three children: Reign Beau Rhames, Freedom Rhames, and one other child whose name is not yet known. Valerie Scott was Ving’s previous wife. They married in 1994 but separated in 1999.
Ving Rhames Net Worth
Rhames’s estimated net worth is $25 Million.
Ving Rhames Career
Rhames made his Broadway debut in 1984 with the play The Boys of Winter. He made his film debut as Leroy in Wes Craven’s The People Under the Stairs (1991), followed by Kevin Kline as Secret Service agent Duane Stevensen in Dave (1993), and Marsellus Wallace in Pulp Fiction (1994). He also portrayed Buddy Bragg in the 1998 film Out of Sight.
On the television medical drama ER, Rhames played Dr. Peter Benton’s brother-in-law for three seasons. In Brian De Palma’s Mission: Impossible (1996), he played expert computer programmer Luther Stickell opposite Tom Cruise. Rhames played Nathan ‘Diamond Dog’ Jones in the blockbuster 1997 comedy Con Air and Muki in the Ice Cube film Dangerous Ground.
Ving Rhames Movies and TV Shows
- 2014 Jamesy Boy (Conrad)
- Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation (Luther Stickell) (2015)
- Operator (Richard) (2015)
- 2016 A Sunday Horse (Mr. Valentine)
- 2017 Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (Charlie-27)
- The Star (Thaddeus (voice)
- Father Figures (Rod Hamilton)
- 2018 Con Man (“Peanut”)
- 2022 Wendell & Wild (Buffalo Belzer (voice)
- 2023 The Locksmith (Frank)
- 2024 The Garfield Movie † (voice) In production)
- The Instigators (2024) (Filming)
- 2025 Untitled eighth Mission: Impossible (Luther Stickell) (Filming)
- 2005 Kojak (Lieutenant Theo Kojak)
- 2006 Aquaman (McCaffery)
- 2007 Football Wives (Frank Wallingford)
- 2010 Gravity (“Dogg” McFee)
- 2011 Zombie Apocalypse (Henry Everlen)
- Black Jack (Jack “Black Jack”)
- 2013 Monday Mornings (Dr. Jorge Villanueva)
- 2018 Cagney and Lacey (Captain Stark)
- 2019 Voice Arts Awards (Himself – Icon Award)
- TBA Sinking Spring (Bart)